Friday, January 16, 2015

Divine Orchestration!


Hey Family!
Yay!! I am now an aunt!!! Baby Aria looks beautiful and perfect! Remember to learn from her family, she was just with our Father, so I bet she has lots that she can teach us if we watch and love her.
It sounds like this week was crazy and exciting for everyone back home. Here at Temple Square, it's about the opposite. The lights are now coming down, the snow is melting and everyone has gone back to work or school so it's pretty quiet. Yet, we are still missionaries and we are still finding people that we can talk with about the gospel.
The probably most exciting thing that has happened at the square alone, is that we are now showing Meet the Mormons in our theaters. Which is good because it is bringing a lot of people to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, and some of them trickle into the square. We are excited and expecting to see a lot of missionary work happen because of the movie. I hope everyone was able to see it while it was in theaters, if not it is showing at all the visitor centers so Oakland should have it? A trip to the temple is always good :) 
I've decided (and I can't remember if I shared this before) but I really want to live like right next door to the temple for the rest of my life! I love it. We are so blessed to be serving right next to the temple. Even though we can't go in all the time the spirit is still there. There is a story that we love to tell about a visitor of temple square years and years ago, okay not that long ago because Elder Skanky (Mission Financial Secretary) was still here. But a guy came to the square and was just standing in the gates and would step in and then step back out and he continued this for some time. Elder Skanky was the one who saw this man and he approached him to see what he was doing. The man said that he was trying to figure out why he felt different when he stepped into the gates. It's true, we like the think of our little Temple Square as the perfect example of being in the world but not of it.
Anyways, things are good here. We are staying busy, the APs have already started transfer planning, crazy right?! Which means not much happens in the office because they are in meetings all day with President, which means more time for us to be on the square working! Yay! 
We were able to talk to a lot of cool people. One in particular was a truck driving couple who stopped in for the night and came to temple square. She was a member and he is planning on getting baptized pretty soon. They were awesome people! Had an incredible story. But the guy was actually a bit of an anti when it came to the LDS church. I'm sure he knows everything there is to know about the church. He ripped it apart, and yet now he knows that it is true! It was such a testimony builder to me that Heavenly Father knows us perfectly and has a specific plan for all of us to come to the truth. I really do know that everyone will eventually figure out for themselves what God wants for them, sometimes it just takes people a little longer and for some they usually have to go the wrong way to figure out the right way. Which is okay, that's the entire 'Good News' of the gospel!
I taught one lady this week who has another cool story. We were on exchanges with out district leader and I was with her companion Sister Rajah (Australia). We were teaching one of her investigators who wasn't exactly progressing just because of the situation that she was living in and she wasn't ready to change it. When Sister Rajah was telling me about her before we called, it sounded like she was really studying the gospel but wasn't to the point that she was willing to live it yet so of course she wasn't having the spiritual confirmations that this was true. When we called her however, her heart was completely changed. it was evident that the spirit had been working on her since the last time she was taught by Sister Rajah. She ended up just telling us that she new it was true and she knew the changes that she needed to make. The cool thing about it was her story that she shared with me about how she came in contact with the church. Her husband is actually a member of the church who stopped going some years ago, but her family is pretty active. So the in-laws have invited them to church a few times. Even though they didn't go, Sister Rajah's investigator starting looking into the church and eventually met Sister Rajah.
Divine Orchestration, something that I learned from a man on the square. It basically means that there are no coincidences, and that God is very good at leading us to where we need to be. For this investigator, she was led to her husband, then to the church and I bet you she is going to be a key part in bringing her husband back to the church as well. It's an unusual circumstance, one that I will admit that I doubted when I heard before we called her. It'll happen though because God is good :)
Oh, and last p-day we watched Meet the Mormons for a zone activity. We watched it downstairs in our theater and we decided we also needed to have a pajama party with lots of food... so that's what we did. I will admit we put on our Pj's under our coats and jackets and walked to the square. It was a genius idea and even made us ponder doing it during the week (don't worry we haven't done it). But seriously you couldn't even tell. It was a lot of fun, and I really like the movie! Of course, it might be because I'm a missionary but still, it's great.

Well it's about that time. Just want you all to know that I love being a missionary, and I love Temple Square. There is so much that Heavenly Father is teaching me, either through my companions or through my investigators, He always find a way to get me to listen. And it's funny, since we met that man who taught us the word 'Divine Orchestration', I've been able to notice more and more each day in every aspect of the work. He really is the one directing this work, no doubt about that.
I love you all! Have a happy January week!
XOXOXOX
-Sister Fluckiger

No comments:

Post a Comment